First Canoe Trip of the Year


I was able to get out to Raystown Lake tonight for a canoe trip. Getting my canoe back out on the water was a main goal I had for this summer.  My jaw dropped when I got the canoe out of the shed a few weeks back and realized the last launch permit I had for it was 2018. Hard to believe it’s been five years since I have had it out. Times seems to get away from me over the years and I have a kayak I use more often. 

After a good washing to get rid of five years worth of dust and a renewed launch permit I was ready to get it out on the water. Tonight I took it out at Aitch on Raystown lake. Unfortunately, no fish were caught as the bass didn’t cooperate but it still was a great night out on the water. With summer fast approaching, I plan on using the canoe a lot more in the near future. 









Comments

Popular Posts